Rice Pudding Recipe
- 12 months +
- 12 (4 ounce) servings
- gluten free
Rice pudding is a tasty way to turn leftover rice into a healthy dessert, or you can cook extra rice with this pudding in mind. If a batch of rice turned out too wet or too dry, this is a good way to use it, making adjustments to the moisture level.
You will need
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons water for mixing tahini
- 2 ½ cups cooked short-grain brown rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup rice syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix tahini and 2 tablespoons water in a separate bowl or a grinding bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together in a casserole or glass dish that has a cover.
- Put casserole in oven, and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove cover, return pudding to oven, and bake for 15 minutes to cook off excess liquid.
- Allow 15 minutes to cool and set before serving. This pudding can be served warm or at room temperature.
- For a sweeter taste, use 1/4 cup maple syrup instead of rice syrup.