Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 12 months +
- 24 cookies
- gluten free
Homemade oatmeal cookies are a traditional American treat, and these are extra crispy and delicious, considering they are so healthy. Make ahead for easy desserts or snacks—for home or on the go.
You will need
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups quick gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup sesame or almond oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup raisins, soaked in
- 3 tablespoons hot water for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a cookie sheet.
- Sift together flour, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl, and then add oats.
- Mix maple syrup, oil, vanilla, and water in a separate bowl, then stir in raisins with soaking water.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, and stir.
- Add more water if necessary. The cookie dough should be very wet but still thick.
- Use a spoon to drop 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown around edges and set in the middle.
- Substitute unbleached white flour for rice flour, if there is no concern about wheat allergies.
- Substitute 2 eggs and ¼ cup water for ¾ cup water.