Fruit Sauce Recipe
- 7 months +
- 8 (2 ounce) servings
- gluten free
Applesauce is a traditional first fruit for your baby and toddler; and other family members can enjoy it, too. Substitute or add other fruits for a variety of cooked fruit sauces. Apples are a neutral fruit, which make a base that mixes well with other fruits for creating combinations.
You will need
- 5 cups fruit, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces (leave on soft peels of organic fruits)
- ½ cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt for 12 months+
Options: Pears, peaches, plums, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, bananas (alone or in combination)
1. Put fruit, water, and sea salt (if using) in a pan over medium-low heat.
2. Cook for 20 minutes, or until soft.
3. Puree the mixture in a blender, food processor, hand grinder, food mill, or a grinding bowl.
- Place cut fruit, water, and salt (if using) in a ceramic or glass dish, and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.