Applesauce Muffins Recipe
- 12 months +
- 12 to 15 muffins
Muffins are healthy, yummy, and comforting. Because they are made in individual servings, they make less mess, and are easy to carry out for snacks or bentos. Muffins are tasty when fresh, but if they are a few days old, you can cut them in half and toast them.
You will need
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ cups unbleached flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup sesame or almond oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup apple, peeled and grated
- Preheat oven to 400ºF, and grease muffin tins with a generous amount of oil.
- Sift flours together with salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, honey, oil, and water. Stir together.
- Add grated apple to wet mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon into oiled muffin tins 2⁄3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- To reheat, wrap in aluminum foil and put into oven for 5 minutes.