FAQs: Fresh Baby Food Glass Cubes
Why choose green sprouts ® Fresh Baby Food Glass Cubes?
- The compact design saves space for storing, serving, or on the go. You can plan healthy menus for your baby or toddler with different foods by color-coding 2 oz and 4 oz cubes in appropriate portions.
- 2 oz Fresh Baby Food Glass Cubes are convenient for a variety of foods and reduce food waste. Parents are advised not to reuse baby food, because saliva breaks down the food and can cause leftovers to spoil. The 2 oz cubes are the perfect portion size to provide ready-to-eat balanced meals. green sprouts® offers the only 2 oz tempered glass baby food cube available on the market.
- 4 oz Fresh Baby Food Glass Cubes are appropriate for larger menu portions, food mixtures, and snacks. This size cube is convenient for storing large batches.
Glass has long been trusted as the safest and most hygienic material for babies because it is chemically stable and does not absorb tastes or odors.
- Tempered glass is toughened to four times the strength of ordinary glass, with less chance of breakage through impact or thermal changes.
- If tempered glass is broken, it is safer to handle, because it fractures into small granular chunks, rather than splintering into jagged shards.
4 tempered glass storage cubes, 4 plastic (LDPE) lids, 1 stackable tray
Tempered glass for cubes. LDPE for leak-proof lids. Polypropylene for tray.
- Tempered glass— A heat treatment process heats the glass at 1148 Fahrenheit (620 Celsius) toughening it to four times the strength of regular glass for thermal- and shatter-resistance and human safety. If tempered glass is broken, it fractures into small granular chunks, rather than splintering into jagged shards.
- LDPE (Low-density Polyethylene)—Safer plastic with strong resistance to impact and provides a good moisture barrier; Less prone to leach chemicals and has excellent resistance to acids and bases.
- Polypropylene—BPA- and phthalate-free safer plastic; Less prone to leach chemicals due to its high melting point.
Yes, the new, flexible lid design provides a leak-proof seal.
The lids and bases for our Glass and Unbreakable Cubes are designed to be interchangeable on all 2 oz and 4 oz models. The cubes can also be stacked without the tray.
The product is designed in Asheville, North Carolina and manufactured in China.
Yes, replacement lids are available to purchase here.
The glass cubes can be used to store homemade baby food purees, adult sauces or dressings, small baby items, craft supplies, and more.
Fill each small cube with 2 oz or 60 mL and each large cube with 4 oz or 118 mL of baby food. Use measurements on side of cube to monitor portion size. Do not fill past “Max” line as it can cause lids to pop off or cube to crack during freezing. Label with contents and date for future reference.
Glass cubes can be stored and stacked in the freezer, refrigerator, or on a shelf. We advise freezing at 0ᵒF in alignment with FDA recommendations.
Fresh baby food can be stored no longer than 24 hours in the refrigerator or 1 month in the freezer.
No, if baby food is frozen, defrost in refrigerator before use. Extreme temperature changes can cause glass to crack.
To heat on stove top either remove food from cubes and place in stainless steel pan to warm or keep food inside cube, remove lid, and warm in a double boiler or steamer. To heat in microwave remove lid completely and warm for about 15 seconds on high power. Our glass cubes can be heated between 122ᵒ-176ᵒF (50ᵒ-80ᵒ C) with ideal food temperature reaching 165ᵒF, in alignment with FDA recommendations. Always stir food after warming, let stand for 30 seconds or until the temperature has dropped to normal body temperature 98.6ᵒF (37ᵒC), and taste test before feeding. Baby food should be served at a normal body temperature of 98.6ᵒF (37ᵒC).
The glass cube is microwave safe. The lid is not recommended for microwave use.
Yes, top rack only.
Yes, the product is sterilizer safe; however, it is not recommended to put lids and trays in a sterilizer.
Please avoid use of abrasive cleaners that may break down the material. To clean wash in warm water with mild soap and rinse thoroughly.
No, this product and its components are not toys. Do not allow your child to play with parts.
Throw away at the first sign of damage or weaknesses.
This product is tested to US, EU, Canada, China, and Japan regulations.